Monday, March 9, 2015

Tomatooooes

Ok I've been harvesting tomatoes like crazy. I even froze 3 crushed tomato portions (around 400 gms each) and I'm looking forward to making more. Now that I can't eat all of these tomatoes fresh I decided to chop them and freeze them for later when the season is over so we can enjoy home grown organic produce even then. This year we have lots of varieties and they are doing extremely well. I can't describe how excited I am.
We also harvested a few beans and 3 Melons,  Sugar Baby and Charleston Grey. I can't say they were super sweet but they tasted good and definitely much much better than store bought. I don't know maybe I have a different expectations for Melons. Greens are doing perfect but the Lettuces have gone bitter. I think next year I need to do successive planting for Lettuces, all of them ready to eat together is a bad bad idea. And I will dedicate less space to them and more to the greens so I could freeze some.
Harvested first 3 eggplants this season. This is the first time 8 have eggplants that I grew from seed. What I had last year was from a transplant I got at the nursery.
Cuckes are done, I only got to make 2 jars of pickled cucumbers, variety Little Paris. 
There's even a cauliflower ready to be harvested soon and one to be followed later, I really didn't think I'd have any this year because of last year failure.
I have harvested one pepper and have a chili ready too. I lost my journal so have no idea what pepper varieties are growing where. Lesson learnt.

2 comments:

Please leave your comments and questions below