Thursday, March 12, 2015

Leafy greens harvest

So in my earlier post I mentioned that I harvested radishes along with their leaves. I also harvested rocket, bok choy and curly endive. There was about 9 liters of radish leaves, around 8 liters of rocket, 6 liters of curly endive and around 5 liters of bok choy. All of this came from around 7 square feet of growing space only. And this is in addition  to what I harvested from these before. These plants regrow which is the cool thing about them. I am expecting to have a little more of bok choy from same space, rocket and possibly endive. Overall I'm very satisfied with the result. I have blanched the leafy greens and now waiting for them to cool before I pack then and out them in the freezer. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments and questions below