Monday, June 24, 2019

My Moringa is back

My Moringa tree is back. I pruned it hard last year, well I simply chopped it off up to one meter away from ground. It took hard pruning really well before but not this time. It didn’t grow back and appeared dead. I was devastated as it was such a big tree. The only reason I cut it so low is because some of the branches had sooty canker (a fungal disease of the trees) and from my research the best action was to chop off the branches that were affected. Since I read about a practice of cutting moringas all the way to one meter from the ground I decided to give it a go. And now, months after the cut, it’s finally came back. It was such a pleasant surprise. I’m extremely happy. Yes, I compromised one year’s harvest, but I hope to get a stronger tree as a result.
If I find the pictures of when my tree was affected, by the way some of my mulberries were affected too, I’ll post more about what sooty canker is.

Happy Gardening
Yana

13 comments:

  1. Individuals attempt to pick a well known goal when they intend to experience a hair transplant. Numerous elements are considered before settling on this significant choice. A sublime city can enable you to take this medical procedure easily. Dubai is one of the most sweltering goals for a Best Hair Transplant since it is a decent choice Why Dubai is Best for Hair Transplant

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing blog, I wish I had found this when I arrived in the UAE. I've referenced it as further reading in my recent post.

    https://thegardenoflifeblog.wordpress.com/2019/07/03/gyo-dubai-uae-grow-your-own/

    Hope you don't mind.

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is the best article ive read this year. Serious gold
    thank you for such valuable content
    Laser Maze
    Vortex tunnel
    Bounce Trampoline

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is an informative blog by which I have got that info which I really wanted to get.
    click here

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice post A pipe smoker always prefers good looking, durable, and
    best Windproof pipe lighters that look stylish and classy in their hands.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Yana, I know that moringa and a few other trees that do well in Dubai are coppicable as you've demonstrated here. I wanted to do this to my trees but not sure what is the appropriate time of the year to do this in the UAE?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I suppose anytime between October and March. I’d do it sometime in November so that the tree has enough time to recover before hot weather sets in.

      Delete
  7. Hi Yana, I know that moringa and a few other trees that do well in Dubai are coppicable as you've demonstrated here. I wanted to do this to my trees but not sure what is the appropriate time of the year to do this in the UAE?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great information! Thanks for sharing this also check out this Hair transplant offers Expo Dubai 2021

    ReplyDelete

Please leave your comments and questions below