Saturday, January 10, 2015

Garden today

This year is a little hotter than usual. No rain so far (the rain a couple of months ago is not considered, it was a one time thing). Inshallah we get some rain and the weather get a little cooler cuz right now I can see some plants are a bit struggling, and January is suppose to be coldest month of the year. This time last year I would be freezing at night sometimes using 2 blankets and would grab the blanket if I'd sit outside in the evening. Anyways this is not stopping my garden from thriving Alhamdellah. Below you will find the garden beds I created this year, I mentioned before that I added 2 bed 4x13, and added a 3rd one later which is doing extremely well even though it's only sand and manure. You will see a first cucumber(container grown though, the ones in the ground are still stalled) this year, and actually my first properly formed cucumber in my entire 3 years of gardening. Update on my butternut squash which is huge by now. I have finally bought and started installing the netting for vertical garden. My container garden is finally showing good progress. Tomatoes are loaded and cucumbers have started growing. Peppers are not so great and herbs are almost nil (I mean the container ones). I don't have the time to take pics of everything growing but I will try to as I go. And I apologize for the disorganized post bit I really am tight on time, school is tomorrow got lots of things to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments and questions below