Sunday, October 19, 2014

Do you live in Sharjah? And want free plants?

Sharjah residents you could be in for a treat. I took my kids for a workshop in Sharjah yesterday and met a few wonderful ladies there. It turns out they were also into gardening, isn't it a small world after all? Anyways as we were chatting I found out from them that Sharjah residents are entitled to free plants from Sharjah municipality. Isn't it cool? I wished I lived in Sharjah just for that (don't get me wrong I like Sharjah anyways, I lived there for 7 years with my parents). 
I don't know about all the details, but apparently you need to bring the lease contract and some other documents. And I don't know if you can get the plants if you live in a flat since the ladies live in villas. If you are in Sharjah then you may consider calling the municipality and finding out all the details. 
If you are in Dubai don't lose hope, as I mentioned before you can get plants from Dubai municipality in Warsan for nominal prices. Now if there was a source of free or cheap sweet sand or soil that would be great.

3 comments:

  1. Just found your blog and I guess I have a lot of interesting things to read. I live in Sharjah and I would like to know more. How to contact them?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Faiza I guess you could google sharjah municipality and contact them. If I find more info I would let you know.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Faiza I googled and came to this, hope you can find more info from there
    http://portal.shjmun.gov.ae/en/OurSectors/AgricultureAndEnvironment/AgricultureAndGardensDepartment/Pages/Home.aspx

    ReplyDelete

Please leave your comments and questions below